Express Entry case processing

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
Hello Vijay. Its been months that we connected.

Any update about EE case processing time line? My time line of 6 months have passed by.

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
Don't know about that. AOR was Dec 16,2021. This is what I have on my portal:

1623905806365.png
I have completed my 6 months timeline. Should I order GCMS notes given so many delays already happening? Will it help or delay my process?

Please guide!

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for such a quick reply, as always!
. May I ask how do you get this info..also do you suggest I apply for GCMS notes?

Alo, I opted for two way courier premium lounge services from VFS for passport submission when it will be asked. Have these servces too resumed?

Vijay

Staff member
Jan 24, 2021
www.immiboards.com
Thanks for such a quick reply, as always!
. May I ask how do you get this info..also do you suggest I apply for GCMS notes?

haha trade secret! Just kidding. Through various networks/social contacts

also do you suggest I apply for GCMS notes?

GCMS will take 3 months. Why don't you try calling IRCC to check the exact status of your background check? Be very specific in asking or they will share information based on what is visible on the screen. We can gauge the progress from there. Otherwise, GCMS is always an option.

Alo, I opted for two way courier premium lounge services from VFS for passport submission when it will be asked. Have these servces too resumed?

Two way courier is still suspended. Call/Email VFS for latest update.

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
Tried calling +1-905-676-3640 today but the electronic message says that all the mangers are experiencing high volumes of work and to call later. it was around 9:50 am in Toronto. will try again...

No one picks at 1-888-242-2100 however.

Reactions: Vijay

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
As you shared in your earlier reply, NOV 2020 outland were getting PPRs. Right?

So Dec 2020 would follow soon. Just a thought!

Vijay

Staff member
Jan 24, 2021
www.immiboards.com
As you shared in your earlier reply, NOV 2020 outland were getting PPRs. Right?

So Dec 2020 would follow soon. Just a thought!
Outland yes but not India. Currently seeing PPRs for CEC inland and some countries like USA. I don't think anyone from India in FSW-O category has received any PPR request in the past few months (I may be wrong). And it will be highly unlikely till full travel restrictions are removed. Having said that, IRCC has not paused processing any applications.

If you meet the eligibility criteria, your application will be processed and approved - however PPR is something which will remain pending till travel restrictions are removed. This is how I am reading the situation.

I believe there are thousands from India who are waiting for PPR after having cleared all stages of the application process.

In your case, the application is still in the background check. Unless that is completed, we will not see progress. You can apply for GCMS to see the exact progress but I am not sure how helpful will it be at this point in time. If they need anything extra, they will contact you anyways. Lot of candidates from India who received AOR in Dec 2020 still have background check in progress:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 195852.png

AARTI

Jun 12, 2020
Hi Vijay

I ordered GCMS notes as IRCC nos are no success for me.
Just a doubt that I need your help...if a medical is passed as in my case for all the dependent’s and myself, is there a chance that there can be medical admissibility in my GCMS notes still if one of the dependents has diabetes?

Vijay

Staff member
Jan 24, 2021
www.immiboards.com
Hi Vijay

I ordered GCMS notes as IRCC nos are no success for me.
Just a doubt that I need your help...if a medical is passed as in my case for all the dependent’s and myself, is there a chance that there can be medical admissibility in my GCMS notes still if one of the dependents has diabetes?
Did you declare the diabetes? If yes, were there any additional tests that were done? If it's passed after full declaration (and additional tests if any), then all is good. If it is not declared, then it may present a problem.

However generally speaking, people in the past have regularly migrated to Canada with diabetes / hypertension without any problems. If its a diabetes with no significant complications (i.e. under control) you got nothing to worry about.

It boils down to point number three below -

There are 3 possible reasons for medical inadmissibility:

1. Danger to public health
  2. Danger to public safety
  3. Excessive demand on health or social services
From Canada.ca website:

We may refuse your application if we believe that your health condition might cause an excessive demand on health or social services. This decision is based on the results of your immigration medical exam.

Your condition is considered to cause an excessive demand if:

the health or social services needed to treat your health condition would negatively affect wait times for services in Canada, or
the services needed to treat and manage your health condition would likely cost more than the excessive demand cost threshold

2021 cost threshold (under the temporary public policy)
$108,990 over 5 years (or $21,798 per year)

If there is a medically inadmissible issue, you will receive a letter called a procedural fairness letter. You’ll receive this letter before a final decision is made on your application. You’ll have the opportunity to submit information to respond.

Read up: Medical inadmissibility - Canada.ca

Also: Mitigation plans for excessive demand - Canada.ca