Express Entry - Step by Step Instructions

Vijay.Archived

Jan 7, 2020
Step 1: Check Eligibility:; Eligibility for Express Entry programs - Canada.ca

Step 2: Get Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done from one of the designation organizations: Educational credential assessment (ECA) for Express Entry: How to get one for Express Entry - Canada.ca

Designated organizations:
Assessment of degrees related to regulated occupations in Canada is done exclusively by designated professional bodies:
  • Medical Council of Canada (MCC) - StackPath
  • Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) - Home - PEBC
Step 3: Language Testing IELTS / CELPIP - Language requirements — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) - Canada.ca

Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) for English
Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadien (NCLC) for French

Approved language tests:

English
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General test)
IELTS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS General Training)

French
TEF Canada: Test d’évaluation de français
TCF Canada: Test de connaissance du français

Step 4: Determine your National Occupational Classification (NOC) code - Find your NOC - Canada.ca

Step 5: Express Entry Profile Creation - Submit an Express Entry profile: Online form - Canada.ca and Register for Job Bank - Sign in

Step 6: Wait for your Invitation to apply ITA

If your score is not high enough, you may have to wait a long time. In the meanwhile explore options to improve your CRS score by getting a PNP Nomination from one of the provinces or giving IELTS exam again to maximise your points

Step 6: Get ITA

Step 7: Begin documentation formalities -; Documents for Express Entry - Canada.ca

Documents for Express Entry profile:
Note: you dont need to upload documents but may need information from these documents
  1. Passport
  2. Language test results
  3. ECA Report
  4. Provinical Nomination (if applicable)
  5. Written job offer (if applicable)
Documents for PR Application:
  1. Police Certificates - Police certificates for Express Entry applications - Canada.ca

2. Medical Exams - Medical exams for Express Entry - Canada.ca
    The results of your medical exam must be valid at the time you:
    1. Submit your application for permanent residence
    2. Arrive in Canada
      For this reason, consider getting the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your application for permanent residence.
  3. Proof of Funds - Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) - Canada.ca

Number of family membersFunds required (in Canadian dollars)
1$13,213
2$16,449
3$20,222
4$24,553
5$27,847
6$31,407
7$34,967
For each additional family member$3,560

Exceptions to POF:

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
  • Applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • Authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Step 8: PPR

Step 9: COPR

Step 10: Landing

Last edited by a moderator:

sobin

Oct 21, 2020
hi,

I’m working as a graphic designer (9 years of experience) in india (kerala). but didn’t  have degree for that.(only had a 6 month certificate in Graphic designing which is not a approved university certificate)  I did a Degree in BA English(Distance Education) and also had a 2 year diploma(ITC)(Civil Engineering) certificate. I didn’t try IELTS yet. If I’m Scored well in IELTS, R-7.5,L-8,W-7.5,S-7(just imagine!)

is there any chance for me to get invited if Applied through Express Entry as a Federal skilled worker (Graphic designer NOC:5241-B)???

canada262

Mar 26, 2020
@sobin Whether or not you get an invite depends on more factors than what you have shared. What is your age? Have you got ECA done yet? What does your ECA report state?

To start with, first check if you have 67 points on the selection grid which is required to be eligible under FSW -> Canada Points Calculator

If you have it, then check your CRS Score assuming you get the above IELTS results -> CRS Calculator

If you have 67 points on the selection grid and above 470 points CRS score, then there is surely a realistic chance of an invite.

But be honest when evaluating yourself. Have you got the ECA done for your education? It looks like you may have what is called "Two Degrees Diplomas or Certificate" but unless you get the ECA and IELTS results, all the calculations are just possible projections.

sobin

Oct 21, 2020
Canada 262, thanks for your reply & valuable suggestion. My age is 31 now, didn’t done ECA yet. I’m just calculating my chance. Anyway I gonna  try IELTS & ECA Next year(hopes this pandemic will be over in under two years.)

thanks again.

canada262

Mar 26, 2020
Hi @sobin I would suggest that you start the ECA process as it is time consuming and your age will work against you if you wait for 2 years. Hope you are aware that 5 points will be deducted from CRS for every birthday and your Selection Factor points also decreases with every birthday. With every passing year, you will need to do something more to compensate the loss of points. A Masters and CLB 10 in IELTS (8777) can help you offset some loss of points. There is also a CLB Calculator if you want to play around and check various scores and its CLB equivalent.

All the best!

Mario

Nov 16, 2020
Hola soy Mario trabajo como conductor de camión largas distancias cargas generales y peligrosa tengo 20 años de experiencia la mayoría por cuenta propia soy bombero también hace 5 años que posibilidades tengo de vivir y trabajar en canadá , espero tener ayuda de ustedes 

View attachment 198