Can I sponsor my Spouse for PR without a JOB in Canada but Working Remotely in India on Indian Payroll ?

shikha45

Apr 22, 2024
Hi,

I recently moved to Canada as a PR (1 month back) and received my PR card too. Now, I would be going back to India in May later week to get married and apply for spousal visa for my husband once I will return back to Canada after a month. However, i do not have a Canadian job but I am still working for Indian company remotely and earning on Indian Payroll.

Can anyone please suggest if I am eligible for applying spousal visa and what are best ways to expedite the PR process for my husband ?

shikha45

Apr 22, 2024
Hi,

I recently moved to Canada as a PR (1 month back) and received my PR card too. Now, I would be going back to India in May later week to get married and apply for spousal visa for my husband once I will return back to Canada after a month. However, i do not have a Canadian job but I am still working for Indian company remotely and earning on Indian Payroll.

Can anyone please suggest if I am eligible for applying spousal visa and what are best ways to expedite the PR process for my husband ?
Also is it necessary to have a job in canada to sponsor my spouse or proof of fund can work ?

Vijay

Staff member
Jan 24, 2021
www.immiboards.com
apply for spousal visa for my husband once I will return back to Canada after a month. However, i do not have a Canadian job but I am still working for Indian company remotely and earning on Indian Payroll.
No problem. As long as you are not taking any social assistance (other than disability), it should be fine.
Eligibility: Sponsor your spouse, partner or children: check if you’re eligible - Canada.ca
There is no special way of expediting processing. Just make sure documentation is complete and as per instructions.

Also is it necessary to have a job in canada to sponsor my spouse or proof of fund can work ?

No. Having a Canadian Job is not on the requirement list. But you must demonstrate that you can take care of the basic needs of your spouse without seeking social assistance.

As a PR, it is necessary for you (the sponsor) to stay in Canada when you file the application.

Full reading of eligibility and other requirements can be found at: Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child – Complete Guide (IMM 5289) - Canada.ca

shikha45

Apr 22, 2024
Thanks for guidance. although I can see there is no MNI requirement, how much fund I should show to be on the safe side ?

As I see in one of the official document, one should take the responsibility for his/her partner sponsorship for 3 years, how should I ensure and commit that I would be able to sponsor him for that period ?

Vijay

Staff member
Jan 24, 2021
www.immiboards.com
Thanks for guidance. although I can see there is no MNI requirement, how much fund I should show to be on the safe side ?
No technical requirement of showing funds. To play it safe, show as much as possible.
As I see in one of the official document, one should take the responsibility for his/her partner sponsorship for 3 years, how should I ensure and commit that I would be able to sponsor him for that period ?

That is the undertaking you are talking about. It will be a legally binding agreement which you will upload when filling up the form.

1713982697602.png

1713982982502.png