Immiboards ― Quebec Immigration conducted its first draw of 2021 and invited 95 immigration candidates on January 26. The Quebec Arrima draw is a part of Quebec Skilled Worker Program selection round.
Quebec issued these invitations to immigration candidates who had an Expression of Interest (EOI) in Quebec’s online registration portal, Arrima.
Two categories of candidates were eligible in this Quebec Arrima draw:
- Candidates with a valid job offer in Quebec and;
- Candidates who were in Quebec as a diplomat, consular officer, representative of the United Nations or any intergovernmental organization with operations in Quebec and other related occupations under Section 26 of the Quebec Immigration Regulation.
Quebec regularly invites candidates under various sections of Quebec Immigration Regulation viz. Section 26, Section 47 etc.
The francophone province maintains a separate immigration program and does not participate in the Federal Express Entry system.
Anyone wishing to immigrate to Québec under the Regular Skilled Worker Program must go file their application through Québec’s Arrima portal.
The Arrima immigration application management system is based on an expression of interest and follows a three-step process:
- First, candidates must complete an expression of interest form online. You will need to enter certain information, such as your education, language skills, and work experience.
- The Ministère reviews the bank of expressions of interest and issues invitations to applicants who meet certain criteria, based on labour market needs in the different regions of Québec. Those individuals can then submit a permanent selection application (official immigration application) and pay the associated fees.
- Quebec then evaluates the applications using the applicable selection grid in force.